Welcome to the Blazek Family blog!! For all those that know me, know that I am not one to typically do this sort of thing. I don't have tons of pictures around my house of family/friends (and not because I don't love them, but I am not someone who takes a lot of pictures, gets them printed and then displays them), I don't do scrapbooking....heck...I still have my wedding prints and honeymoon pictures packed away and we have been married for almost 4 years, and I am not a member of facebook or myspace. However, with the addition of our baby into our family, I want to have a ton of pictures for his future. My friend, Carrie Youell, explained to me that I could do this blog (she does it for her son, Trey) and have it all printed at some point and I have killed several birds with one stone......share the growth of our family with those that don't live nearby, allow those that love us the opportunity to learn what is new with our lives without having to call everyone individually, and the chance to "scrapbook" my child(ren)'s lives without having to cut and glue.
As all of you know, Nick and I have talked about expanding our family since before we even got married. I worked in daycares all throughout high school and college and couldn't wait to have kids of my own. Everyone thought for sure Nick and I would come home from our honeymoon with a baby on the way, but I said I adore children...I'm not necessarily crazy. I know first-hand how having children can change your lives and you need to be somewhat mentally prepared. I needed to finish school, get a better job, and support my husband as he built his own business. Finally after 3 years of marriage, we decided it was time to let God be in control and see what would happen. It didn't take long for God to tell us it was time for us to become parents....I took my first pregnancy test on June 14, 2009 and it was confirmed that we were going to be mommy and daddy sometime around the time of February 27, 2010. We found out in October that we are expecting a precious little boy, whom we had already named David Baxter...David for my dad and Baxter for one of Nick's grandfathers, Dadoyle Baxter. We are eagerly awaiting his arrival, but not wanting it to come too soon.....he still has about 11 weeks to "bake" before he's really ready to be here.
I hope you all enjoy this blog! I can't promise I will be great at keeping it up to date, but I assure you, I will try my best. Thank you for all your love and support throughout our lives together up to this point. Nick and I are so fortunate to have you all around to guide us to be the best people we can be, and we know you all will love and embrace our little angel, Baxter.



Let me be the first to congratulate you on doing this! It is so awesome and kind of addicting even though I am behind on my posts (as you probably already know). Anyways, we can't wait for Baxter to be here and for Trey to have a playmate. We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteDavid, Carrie and Trey Youell
Okay I am excited for you both, but come on now post some pictures of the nursery, and some items you have for the baby..........Casey I know you have some, especially since this is first grandchild for papa smurf, I'm sure he is filling Baxter's nursery anxiously awaiting his arrival!
ReplyDelete