We really haven't had a reason to go anywhere out of Chattanooga since Baxter has been born, so the longest he's ever been in the car was about 30 minutes at a time. Nick had a house closing at the end of May that was going to require his full attention one weekend so Amy LeVally and I decided that was a great opportunity to visit Carrie and Trey in Knoxville. David works in Chattanooga 5 days out of the week right now and so he his "week" isn't over until about 6 pm on Saturdays. So when I got off work on Friday, I ran home, pack the car, picked Baxter up from Geneva's and Amy and I hit the road. Baxter was great but really didn't sleep that much on the way up there. Once we got there, we visited for a while before putting the boys to bed and gossiping the rest of the night.
On Saturday, we took Trey to David's parent's house in Sevierville and we went to the outlet malls in Pigeon Forge. After a long morning and afternoon, Amy and I decided it was time to head home. Well, that is when the fun began....Baxter had not slept well at the mall since he was in and out of the heat so much and he was TIRED. Since he is only used to his bed for sleeping, the car ride home was all be nice. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to travel more....ha ha. It was worth spending the time with Carrie and Trey though. I didn't take my camera so there are no pictures from this little excursion.
Firsts!
9 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment