Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Last Week at Home




When I first found out I was pregnant, I was adamant that I was going to stay home for the full 16 weeks so I could get as much quality time with my little man as possible; however, the Lord put me on a much different path. I was very fortunate to be approached from a previous job interviewer about a new position he had for me. After much talk with my husband, it was decided that I should take this new job.....although it meant I would have to go off my maternity leave much, much earlier-ummmm, 11 weeks to be exact. I wasn't very excited about that part of it, but I knew it was the best thing for my family at the time.
Luckily, Lindsey's great aunt has kept children in her home for years and she didn't have anyone at the time I needed her. So, between her and Darla, I could go to work knowing that my baby was in the best hands he could be in if I couldn't be with him. Geneva, Lindsey's aunt, truly is a blessing and has become a vital part of my family.
Here are some random pictures from my last week at home, along with one from a Lookouts game. Emma knew I needed her help with "Baxy" (as she likes to call him), as well as holding on to someone as we walked across the street to the stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment