The doctors and nurses had said that we could stay until Monday at the hospital if we wanted to, but we were ready to take our new family and head home on Sunday! After waiting for most of the day, we finally started on the road around 2 pm. Our family wanted to make it a great homecoming so everyone was at our house to greet us. Our family friends, Steve and Susan Deakins, were so wonderful and brought homemade lasagna, salad and french bread for all of us to eat! It was so delicious and we are so grateful to them for all that they do for our family.
We have had 3 great nights with Baxter so far! The first night in the hospital, we got about 7 hours of sleep, the second night about 6, and then our first night at home, we got 8 HOURS OF SLEEP! I am not bragging at all because I know this is not typical, and our sleepless nights are coming. We are just so blessed to gave gotten this much sleep during the first few days which are so critical.
We both have doctor's appts on Wednesday for our check-ups so hopefully we will both get a clean bill of health!
I will do my best to keep this as updated as possible. I have received all your phone calls and text messages but this is the easiest way for me to communicate right now. I promise to touch bases with each of you personally as soon as we get into a routine. Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes.



No comments:
Post a Comment