Since my last posting, I have had several other baby showers and have been so blessed to receive so many wonderful things for my new little bundle of joy. Amy and Lindsey (sisters-in-law) gave me a beautiful shower for family at Lindsey and Jon's new house in mid-January....unfortunately, I had a moment of pregnancy brain and left my camera at home so I don't have any pictures of all those that were there to support me and all the gifts that were piled high in the corner of the living room.
The next weekend, two of my closest friends, Amy and Carrie, gave me a shower at the home of the LeVally's for some friends that have remained close to me for as long as 19 years and some of their mothers. It was so good to see some people that don't live in town! It's so much fun to get together in one room and get right back into the "groove" as if we have never lived apart. One of the LeVally's friends made the beautiful "belly" cake...it was SOOOO cute and tasted FABULOUS!!
The next week, several of my friends gave me an awesome shower at work where we got some very needed items that I would have had to buy myself otherwise. Again, pregnancy brain got the best of me and I forgot my camera at home that day. Everyone collaborated to bring in some yummy food and Crystal made some delicious cupcakes homemade-I'm tellin' ya girl-you need to sell those things!
For those of you that don't know, I worked in a daycare throughout some of my college life and I have maintained friendships with the ladies that still work there. As a matter of fact, Baxter will be going there once Nana goes back to Florida and I couldn't be happier because I know he is going to be in the best of hands! He will probably be more spoiled there 5 days a week than if I were to keep him at home. They contacted me around the first of February to ask that I stop by sometime because some of the ladies had a few things for me........see what I mean....you couldn't get that kind of love and care at just any daycare center. It also says a lot about the director/assistant director that the entire staff that was there 4 years ago IS STILL THERE TODAY!! I will feel so at ease on his first day of daycare knowing that I personally know all of these women!
THANK YOU to everyone who has gone out of their way to show Nick and I how much they love B-man! Everything that you all have done will enable us to bring him home to so many of his necessities and it will take the burden off of us! I can't wait for you all to meet him.



No comments:
Post a Comment