Our first week was great since we had help from both grandmothers, but I was a little nervous to see how the second week was going to go. However, Nick didn't have a lot going on with work, so he was able to stay home with us for 2 days which helped tremendously! One of the days, we had some flurries so we decided to get him dressed up in his snowsuit (I didn't know if he would actually wear it due to the weather around here). For all those that may panic, we literally had him outside for all of about 2 minutes, so he never had a chance to get too cold; but there were several times when snowflakes landed right on his sweet little face!
We took Baxter back to the doctor just to have him weighed and he was 8 lbs. 10 oz-almost back to his birth weight. We didn't see the doctor but I talked to the nurse because I was concerned that I was not producing enough breastmilk. After discussing with her what we had been noticing, it was determined that he probably wasn't getting enough so we are now supplementing with formula. I will continue to feed/pump for as long as my body will alow since I know it's best for him at this point, but I can't promise that's going to be too much longer. Oh well...I knew that when I had my surgery over 6 years ago.
Since he couldn't have a bath until his belly button fell off, he has been getting sponge baths these past 2 weeks and let me tell ya, he doesn't like it at all!! As you can see in some of the pictures, he starts crying immediately and stops as soon as he is wrapped in his towel. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come in the future.
On to week 3....I think we are starting to get a hang of this parenting thing.....ha ha yeah right?!?!?!?



No comments:
Post a Comment